Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thieves!

I was reviewing my credit card statement this evening and found a transaction from June that I didn't remember making. I had spent a night away in another city, and stayed for 1 night in a hotel. I had booked a cheap rate online using rates-to-go and presented a voucher at check-in which was proof of booking and payment. They took my credit card number for "security" purposes, which I was a bit suspect about, but didn't think too much of.

Anyway, I see that the hotel has charged my credit card to the tune of around $140 when I had already paid over $100 for the night's accommodation. So suffice to say I'm a bit peeved, and have sent a rather terse email to the hotel in question. Which will be followed up by an angry phone call if I don't hear back from them.

Makes you wonder how many people ignore their credit card statements and get fleeced for hundreds...

No comments: